A mask must be worn at all times when people are on common property. This includes in lifts, lobbies, hallways, garbage rooms, car parks and when accessing facilities such a gyms, libraries, and meeting rooms.
This health order applies to all people using the common property. Residents, visitors, cleaners and emergency trades.
As this rule is a Health Order and NOT mandated by the Strata Schemes Management Act 2015, breaches should be reported to Crime Stoppers, it is the Police who will be enforcing this requirement.
The cleaning of common property, including waste management, has now been directly addressed in the health orders and IS permitted. While cleaning and carrying out repairs, maintenance, alteration and additions to residences are NOT permitted, the cleaning of common areas is considered required to ensure health and safety.
However, cleaners are not permitted inside of individual apartments.
Gardening is not an exempt service and therefore cannot be completed by contractors for the duration of the health orders.
4. Fire Services
The ongoing testing and maintenance of fire equipment is considered ‘authorised works’ and will continue without interruption.
5. Works to Common Property
Under the current terms of the health orders all non-emergency building works are no longer permitted. This applies to works being completed on the common property, and to common property within apartments.
Emergency works can be undertaken.
6. Building Check-In Codes
Your building can be registered as a ‘Safe Community’ with the NSW Government. This will provide a non-mandatory QR code for checking into the building.
This can be done here or for MTS clients, get in touch and we shall do it for you.
7. More information
Proactive Steps to protect against Covid-19
- Register your building as a ‘Safe Community’ so you have your own QR check-in codes. Use of the code is not mandatory, however would assist greatly should there be a positive case in your building. There is no cost for this service.
- Install signage about masks and hygiene around the common areas.
- Additional cleaning. Especially of handrails, intercom buttons, lifts, door handles and any other high touch area. Cost would be approx. $35 an hour.
- Installation of hand sanitizer station in the common lobby. Cost approx. $100 plus install (can be easily self-installed).
- Supply of masks in common area.
This information is correct as at 25 July 2021.