If you’re looking to enlist the services of a body corporate manager in Sydney, you need to understand the components that can help you to ensure the company you choose is any good.
Keep reading for a full guide on the aspects of a strata company that can indicate whether they satisfy your needs.
How Do You Know If A Strata Company Is Any Good?
Below are some of the key things to evaluate when deciding if a strata company will provide the best services for your community. If you want to evaluate a strata company, try using the More Than Strata 10 point checklist: it’s our handy questionnaire to help determine their competency.
A strata company’s experience dictates how well-equipped it is to manage your owner’s corporation. If you want to gauge how experienced the strata company is, you should look into the following information:
- How much strata experience will the assigned manager to your community have?
- Do they have proven experience handling more complex tasks like dealing with building defects?
- Do they have proven experience in conflict resolution?
- Have they overseen major capital works projects, like facade upgrades?
The amount of training provided at a strata company dictates how current and up-to-date their staff is on regulation and legislation changes. Some questions you should be asking your strata management agency’s training practices include:
- How often do the staff receive training?
- Do staff members hold additional qualifications relevant to their role?
- Are they are member of the Strata Community Association?
The systems and tools employed by a strata management agency can enhance your strata experience. If you want to get information about a strata company’s systems, think about:
- Do they offer online invoice approvals for work relating to the owner’s corporation?
- What system do they have in place to ensure all requests are tracked and reportable?
Customer service is an integral part of providing an excellent strata management service. It’s important that you find a strata manager that meets – and exceeds – your customer service expectations. Ask these questions to help determine their suitability:
- How many lots does your strata manager manage?
- Does your manager have access to support staff to delegate tasks to?
- Does the service have a reputation for going above and beyond client expectations?
How a strata company handles negative feedback speaks to its desire to improve operations and foster excellent client relationships. Here are some of the things you should be asking about complaint management:
- Is it easy for clients to raise concerns?
- Do they devise action plans to address concerns and take the client’s concerns seriously?
Since there can be hidden fees for strata management, you must find a strata manager that takes transparency seriously. You can determine this by asking:
- What services do they deem as additional services that are not covered by the base management fee?
- Do they tell you upfront that a requested service incurs additional charges before actioning?
Asking these questions will help you determine whether or not you should hire the strata company you are considering. Find additional questions to enquire about via our 10 Point Checklist and get in contact for further information.