With more than 1,000 strata schemes being registered each year across NSW and approximately one-in-seven NSW residents living in strata, the NSW Government has introduced the Strata Hub as a one-stop shop for current strata owners and prospective purchasers to get the information they need.
The Strata Hub will allow people easy access to a wealth of clear information on strata issues over time. Annual reporting is mandatory per the Strata Schemes Management Amendment [Information] Regulation 2021 and strata schemes have until 31 December 2022 to submit their first report.
From August 2022 the following information will be required for the first report:
- Strata plan number and address
- Registration date
- Number of lots in the strata scheme
- Number of storeys for multi-level apartment buildings
- Date of issue for interim or financial occupation certificate
- Contact details of the chairperson, secretary, strata manager and building manager (if any) 1
- Nominated strata scheme contact for emergency services 2
- Last AGM date
- Annual Fire Safety Statement
- Insurance replacement value of building
- Reported capital works fund balance from last financial statements at the AGM
- If there is a strata renewal committee, the date it was established
Future reporting, from 2023, must be completed within three months of the AGM and contact information must be updated within 28 days of change. If a strata renewal committee is formed post reporting, an update via the Strata Hub will be required.
There is a government imposed annual administration fee of $3 per lot and additional service fee will be payable to your strata manager to cover their time to support the owners corporation’s compliance requirements.
For more information regarding the Strata Hub, please contact More Than Strata or visit https://www.nsw.gov.au/housing-and-construction/strata/annual-reporting
Information correct as at 3 August 2022, for the latest update please visit the NSW Government website.
1 Only the email address of the secretary and chairperson will be made available to residents and owners in the strata scheme, phone numbers will not be disclosed.
2 Emergency service agencies may use the emergency service contacts, if needed. Contact information for the secretary will be available to the local council and Fire & Rescue NSW.